Let’s celebrate National Taco Day with an awesome Taco recipe. I mean – who doesn’t love tacos??
Cool & Crunchy Chicken Tacos
- 12 hard yellow corn taco shells
- 1 small head romaine lettuce (about 2 cups/500 mL shredded)
- 1-2 limes, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced grilled chicken breasts
- 1/2 small jicama
- 1 small mango
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
- Prepare taco shells according to package directions; set aside. Shred lettuce using Santoku Knife. Zest limes using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Juice limes to measure 3 tbsp (45 mL). Place zest, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the juice, mayonnaise, cumin and cayenne pepper, if desired, inStainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; mix well. Spoon about 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the sauce into resealable plastic bag; twist to secure and set aside. Add chicken to remaining sauce; mix well using Classic Scraper.
- Peel jicama and mango using Serrated Peeler. Slice jicama using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade. Slice jicama and mango into 1/4-in. (6-mm) strips. Chop cilantro. Combine jicama, mango, cilantro, salt and remaining juice inClassic Batter Bowl; mix well.
- Place lettuce into taco shells. Top evenly with chicken mixture, jicama mixture and avocado, if desired. Trim corner of sauce-filled bag; drizzle over tacos.
Yield: 6 servings of 2 tacos, excluding optional ingredients
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 370, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 350 mg, Fiber 3 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: No information is currently available.
To grill chicken in Grill Pan, season 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz/175 g each) with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Heat pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Spray pan with vegetable oil. Cook chicken 7-10 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 7-10 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F (74°C) and juices run clear.