I love Sunday dinners with my family. The time spent around the table is priceless! Here is a great menu your family is sure to love! Enjoy!! Rosemary Pork Roast, Vegetables and a Caramel Apple Skillet Cake for dessert. Yum!
Rosemary Pork Roast with Vegetables
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 1/2-4 lbs), rolled and tied
- 3 tbsp Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/4 lbs “B” size red potatoes (about 8 potatoes), quartered
- 10 small carrots with tops, trimmed and peeled
- 1 leek, trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Season pork evenly with 2 tbsp of the seasoning mix, salt and pepper. Heat oil in pan of Covered Roaster over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Cook pork 8-10 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning occasionally with Chef’s Tongs.
Meanwhile, toss potatoes, carrots and leek with the remaining seasoning mix inStainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl until well coated. Arrange vegetables around pork in pan; add stock. Cover with lid and bake 55 minutes. Carefully remove lid and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F for medium-rare doneness.
Remove roaster from oven and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Slice pork and serve with vegetables
Yield: 10 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 36 g
Caramel-Apple Skillet Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 small Braeburn apples
- 1 pkg (15.25-18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp Korintje Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat butter, sugar, cream and corn syrup in All White Ceramic 11-in. Covered Skillet over medium heat until simmering, stirring until smooth. Cook mixture, uncovered, another 7-9 minutes or until mixture is thickened and slightly darker in color, stirring occasionally. Remove Skillet from heat.
- Meanwhile, cut apples with Apple Wedger and set aside five of the wedges. Starting at the edges of the Skillet, carefully arrange apple wedges, cut side down, over caramel. Arrange the remaining five wedges in the center.
- Whisk cake mix, eggs, sour cream and cinnamon in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl until blended. Carefully spoon batter over apples and spread batter evenly with Small Spreader. Bake, uncovered, 38-42 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully remove Skillet from oven using Oven Mitt. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Carefully invert cake onto serving platter. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 63 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g
Cook’s Tips: Fuji, Jonathan or Honeycrisp apples can be substituted for Braeburn apples.
- Super Sunday Supper 8/26/2012 (alittlebitme.com)
- Weekend Warrior Menu 8/24/2012 (alittlebitme.com)
- 30 Minute Meals: 5 Meals / Monday’s Menu – 8.27.2012 (alittlebitme.com)
Here are some of the tools that I used: