Happy National Eat Outside Day!! It’s a perfect weekend for cookouts and camping since it’s Labor Day Weekend!
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) “B” size red potatoes (see Cook’s Tip), quartered
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 1 cup (250 mL) loosely packed fresh parsley
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) ketchup
- 1 1/4 tsp (6 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) 85% lean ground beef
- 8 oz (250 g) ground pork
- 2 oz (60 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 7 slices low-sodium bacon
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pure maple syrup
- For potatoes, combine potatoes, oil, salt and black pepper in Stainless (2-qt./2-L) Mixing Bowl; toss to coat and set aside.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking over medium-high heat. For meat loaf, combine onion, parsley, garlic, egg, ketchup, salt and black pepper in Manual Food Processor; cover and pump handle until onion is finely chopped. Transfer mixture to Stainless (6-qt./6-L) Mixing Bowl. Add beef, pork and cheese; mix gently with Mix ‘N Scraper® until thoroughly combined.
- Place meat mixture onto Large Grooved Cutting Board; form into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in. (22 x 11-cm) loaf. Arrange bacon slices crosswise over meat loaf, tucking ends under meat loaf.
- Transfer meat loaf to BBQ Roasting Pan (without can holder) using Mega Lifter; place roasting pan on grid of grill. Grill, covered, 20 minutes. Arrange potatoes evenly around meat loaf in pan. Grill, covered, 60-70 minutes or until internal temperature in center of meat loaf reaches 160°F (71°C), brushing meat loaf with syrup during the last 5 minutes. (If using charcoal, add 12 new coals on each side of grill after 30 minutes to maintain a consistent grill temperature.) Remove roasting pan from grill; sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Let meat loaf stand 10-15 minutes before serving. Lift meat loaf out of pan using BBQ Jumbo Turner.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 490, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 1030 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 29 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 3 medium-fat meat, 2 fat (2 carb)
Cook’s Tips: “B” size red potatoes are about 2 in. (5 cm) in diameter and are also known as new potatoes.
I love the Outdoor Party Plates too!! Sturdy, reusable plastic plates in colorful sea green, aquamarine and turquoise feature built-in cup holders, so you can hold your meal and drink in one hand. Use the cup holder for cans, bottles or stemmed glasses.
Here are some of the tools for the Meatloaf recipe and a few other awesome outdoor products!