Happy National Banana Lovers Day!! I feel like this past month I’ve eaten more banana related foods then ever! 🙂 Good thing bananas are healthy – full of potassium and fiber. Did you know that while most people think that bananas grow on trees the tree is actually an “herb”. Crazy!! The banana is the fruit of the herb. I guess we really do learn something new everyday! 🙂
Banana Cream Brownie Squares
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 1 pkg (15-17 oz or 450 g) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 3 medium bananas, divided
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz or 102 g) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided (3 cups/750 mL)
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Chop peanuts using Food Chopper. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the peanuts. Pour into Square Baker. Bake according to package directions or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Using Egg Slicer Plus®, slice two of the bananas; place in single layer over brownie. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk just until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in 2 cups (500 mL) of the whipped topping. Spread pudding mixture over bananas. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Slice remaining banana. Sprinkle remaining peanuts over pudding mixture. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Cut dessert into squares; garnish with whipped topping, banana slices and chocolate curls, if desired.
- Slice remaining banana. Garnish each square with banana slices, chocolate curls, if desired and a strawberry fan. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 180 mg, Fiber 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 3 fat (3 1/2 carb)
Cook’s Tips: To make chocolate curls, hold Vegetable Peeler across the narrow side of a 1-oz (30-g) square of semi-sweet baking chocolate. Using even pressure, push the blade away from you to create curls.
This dessert can be prepared through Step 3 several hours in advance. Just before serving, garnish as recipe directs in Step 4.
Here are some of my tools: