It’s Friday which means that I’ll now be publishing a special meal that goes great for a Weekend meal!! I’ll include a beverage (sometimes family friendly, sometimes adult only), a main dish, a side dish, and a dessert. I’ll throw in a breakfast once in awhile too – there are weekends where I dream of a great big breakfast and that’s my main meal – don’t you?? 🙂
Let’s start off with the beverage – it’s Family Friendly – Mock Berry Mojitos
- 3 cups (750 mL) water, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) strawberry or raspberry sherbet
- 1 cup (250 mL) lime juice (about 7-8 limes)
- 8 cups (2 L) club soda, chilled
- Lime slices and mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Combine 2 cups (500 mL) of the water and sugar in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4-6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in mint leaves; let stand 5 minutes.2
- Combine sherbet, remaining water and lime juice in Family-Size Quick-Stir® Pitcher. Carefully pour sugar mixture into pitcher, straining mixture through small holes of micro-cooker lid (discard mint leaves). Cover; plunge until well mixed. Add club soda to pitcher; stir gently with plunger.
- Pour mojitos into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with lime slices and mint sprigs, if desired.
Yield: 14 cups, 20 servings of 3/4 cup
Nutrients per serving: Calories 90, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 25 mg, Fiber 0 g
Next we’ll go to the main entree – Grilled Pork Chops
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Pampered Chef Citrus & Basil Rub
- 2 Tbsp Pampered Chef Greek Rub
- 1 Tbsp Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
- 4 boneless pork top loin or sirloin chops, cut 3/4-1 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
Tenderize pork chops with Meat Tenderizer, then brush marinade on to each chop with Basting Brush. Coat both sides and refrigerate for a few hours before grilling.
Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Grill, covered, 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature for pork reaches 160°F for medium doneness.
Cook’s Tips: The pork chops used in this recipe are from the loin section, which is found to be leaner than many cuts of beef and even skinless chicken thighs.
Yield: 4 pork chops, 4 servings of 1 pork chop
Nutrients per serving: Calories 470, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 175 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 53 g, Sodium 410 mg, Fiber 0 g
Suggestion is to serve with a salad and these super easy Buttery Dill Carrots made in the MICROWAVE!
- 1 pkg (1 lb./450 g) baby-cut carrots (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) snipped fresh dill weed or
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Pampered Chef All-Purpose Dill Mix
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) salt
- Place carrots and water in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 6 minutes or until carrots are tender-crisp. Drain.
- Add butter, dill and salt; toss gently to evenly coat carrots.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 45, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat less than 5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein less than 1 g, Sodium 95 mg, Fiber 1 g
Now it’s time for dessert…yummo!! Strawberry Cream Cupcake Desserts
Crust and Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) mini pretzel twists (about 3/4 cup/175 mL crushed)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 small pkg (9 oz or 250 g) white cake mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Double-Strength Vanilla
Filling, Strawberries and Garnish
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) strawberry ice cream topping, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place paper liners into wells of Muffin Pan. For crust, place pretzels into large resealable plastic bag and finely crush using flat side of Meat Tenderizer. Combine pretzel crumbs, butter and sugar in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Using a scant Medium Scoop, drop scoops of pretzel crumbs into liners. Press crust into liners with Mini-Tart Shaper.
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, egg, water and vanilla in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk 1 minute or until smooth. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups using Large Scoop. Bake 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup (250 mL) of the whipped topping and 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the strawberry ice cream topping; mix well. Gently toss strawberries with 1 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) of the strawberry ice cream topping.
- When ready to serve, attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Remove paper liners from cupcakes. Slice off tops of cupcakes using (4 1/2-in./11.5-cm) Serrated Knife. For each serving, place bottom of cupcake on serving plate; using scant Medium Scoop, scoop filling over center of cupcake. Spoon a rounded tablespoon of strawberries and juice over filling; top with cupcake top. Pipe whipped topping over desserts and drizzle with about 1 tsp (5 mL) slightly warmed remaining ice cream topping (see Cook’s Tip). Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings of 1 cupcake
Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 260 mg, Fiber 0 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 2 fat (2 1/2 carb)
Cook’s Tips: Use a level Large Scoop of batter for each muffin cup.
To warm strawberry ice cream topping, place remaining ice cream topping in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl. Heat 15 seconds on HIGH in microwave oven; stir. Spoon over cupcakes.
This recipe can be doubled using an 18.25-oz (510 mL) package of cake mix. Increase water to 1/3 cup (75 mL). Double the remaining ingredients. When filling muffin liners, use a scant Large Scoop to ensure that you have enough batter between both batches of cupcakes.
Well…I hope you enjoy this weekend and have some yummy meals too!! Have any feedback of types of recipes you’d like to see?? Let me know!!
Here are some of the tools used in these recipes that I love from the Pampered Chef. Click on the links to get more details.