- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped shallot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) capers, drained
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 oz/125 g each)
- Nonstick cooking spray for grilling
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- In a small mixing bowl, combine juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, basil, shallot, capers, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the coarsely ground black pepper. Brush fillets with remaining oil and season with remaining salt and black pepper.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over high heat. Spray BBQ Grill Tray with nonstick cooking spray for grilling. Preheat tray on grill grid 3 minutes. Place tilapia and tomatoes on separate sides of tray. Cover and grill 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes are charred and tilapia is cooked through, turning tilapia once (do not turn tomatoes). Add tomatoes to caper mixture; mix well. Serve tilapia with tomato relish.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 170, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 520 mg, Fiber 1 g